segunda-feira, 11 de maio de 2020

Nigerian forward reveals bribery request to make World Cup list

 forward  has disclosed that he was asked to pay some money in order to make the Super Green Eagles squad for the 2014 World Cup.
The striker who was at the top of his game at the time with German Bundesliga side, Schalke 04 said he felt heartbroken when he was dropped because he failed to give those in charge money.
The 33-year-old is currently without a club after his contract with Swedish club AIK was over, a year and a half after joining the team.
“Two days before the list came out, I was asked to pay some money if I want to be in the team. I felt like I’ve paid my dues for the country, I shouldn’t do this,”
If I was a young player, maybe I would have done that, but it was a bit personal for me and I felt very heartbroken. I was playing for Schalke, I was playing in the Champions League and I was doing well.”
“It takes a lot of dedication, money, investing in myself and my body. I went through surgery, did everything I can. Now a competition is coming up, you’re inviting me to the national team. I’ve exhausted my own money and you want me to pay, which is a slap in the face for me.”
“I said I’m not comfortable doing that. They said I should know the system, and I should act like I’m a Nigerian. I said it’s not about being a Nigerian but doing the right thing.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário