terça-feira, 21 de abril de 2020

Al Ahly’s Salah Mohsen reveals Liverpool interest


Photo: Ahmed Awaad/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Egypt international and Al Ahly forward  claims that  star  informed him that the Reds were keen on signing him.
Mohsen, who joined the Red Devils in 2018, made a total of 32 appearances, scoring eight goals, helping them lift two league titles along the way.
The 21-year-old then earned his first international call-up that same year and scored in Egypt’s 6-0 win over Niger in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers.
However, since the arrival of Swiss manager Rene Weiler Mohsen’s appearances decreased, forcing him to join league rivals Smouha on a six-month loan.
Talking to Ontime Sports TV channel, the former ENPPI man revealed that fellow compatriot Mohamed Salah told him that Liverpool were looking to sign him.


“This is going to be the first time that I talk about this. But once during a national team camp Mohamed Salah asked me how much was left in my contract with Al Ahly and at the time I had just joined them,” said Mohsen.
“Salah then told me that Liverpool wanted to sign me and that they might talk to the Al Ahly board to see if a deal was possible.
“I swear it actually happened. I don’t know if he meant the first team or not but at the time I told him to try and get the deal done.

Salah Mohsen

“Playing for Al Ahly is like playing abroad for most players in Egypt. I hope to one day play in the , a dream that’s not too farfetched,” he concluded.
Salah Mohsen played a major role in helping Egypt’s U-23 side in lifting the 2019 AFCON where he played all seven games.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário