sábado, 11 de abril de 2020

Brazilian referee swaps lawns for UPA and helps fight coronavirus




One of the most requested referees in Minas Gerais football today, Igor Junio ​​Benevenuto has been putting into practice his training in nursing and helping to fight the coronavirus. Since last Monday, Igor has been on duty at the Emergency Care Unit (UPA), in Sete Lagoas, from 7 pm to 7 am. The referee, 39, graduated in nursing in 2012 and decided, in the midst of the pandemic, to be a channel to help the population.
Igor affirms, in an interview to the CBF official website, that the entity’s assistance to the referees, guaranteeing the financial aid and the theoretical, physical and psychological support to the referees for this period without a rolling ball, gave him the tranquility to make the decision to exercise in this period of suspension of football.
“CBF obtained this fundamental support for the referees through President Rogério Caboclo and all of the Arbitration Committee. From this moment on, I started to think about how I could show my gratitude. I decided to work as a nurse to maintain this network of empathy and I’m contributing my time, my technical knowledge in the area and my talent. I believe that helping others is helping yourself too. And nursing is precisely this art of caring and being attentive to others, helping to save lives and improve the condition of other people “, said the referee from Minas Gerais.
Despite being away from the lawns and being more intimate with the nursing procedures in this period, Igor has been able to reconcile the two professions.
“I leave at 7 am UPA and go to sleep when I get home to rest. I wake up around 11 am and follow the online tests on the rule with Gaciba (Leonardo, president of the CBF Arbitration Commission), do the activities here at home following what our trainers go through and I’m always in touch with Dr. Marta (Magalhães, psychologist at the Arbitration Commission) through video calls. I’ve been using the afternoon for these things. to study, read and train physically to keep pace and keep everything in order for when the championships return “, emphasizes the referee.
Igor is also part of a hospital aid program called Guardiões do Riso, which uses the methodology of ‘Dr. Clown’ to bring joy to elderly patients.

Diretor do América diz que árbitro 'fez serviço' para o Atlético ...


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário