quarta-feira, 10 de maio de 2017

Ajax forward Kasper Dolberg reacts to Man United transfer speculation


Ajax forward Kasper Dolberg has reacted to speculation linking him with a potential move to Manchester United.

The 19-year-old, who arrived in Amsterdam over the summer, scored on his debut against PAOK and has gone on to claim 19 goals this season.
It was reported over the January transfer window that Mourinho, mindful of Dolberg’s superb start to life at Ajax, was monitoring the Dane’s condition ahead of a potential bid.
But Dolberg, when asked about speculation surrounding a move to Old Trafford, noted that he wasn’t experienced enough to make the step up to Premier League football.
“My goal [this season] was to play for Ajax’s reserve team, become their best player and maybe get a few matches in the first team,” he said.
“But then Arek Milik went to Napoli and I got the chance. Then in the first game of the season I played and scored against PAOK in a Champions League qualifier.
“From that point I was motivated. The coach gave me confidence to play in the way I’ve always done.
“It’s too big a step to go to City or United now. It’s important to keep on playing, as I don’t know what could happen in the future.
“I haven’t got a dream league. When I was young it was Barcelona [that was my favourite team], but once I got older I didn’t have one. In England, I followed Arsenal because of Thierry Henry, but it wasn’t like Arsenal was my favourite.”
You can view the youngster as something of a microcosm of this current Ajax team as a whole: incredibly youthful, with an average age of 22, packed full of energy, always improving and ruthless going forward.
Many Man United fans have expressed a desire to play Ajax over Lyon if Mourinho’s men do reach the Europa League final, but they ought to take caution from the fact that Ajax’s success in Europe this season has been built off the back of a superb work ethic and a constant desire to improve and learn.
And Dolberg, in turn, has developed immensely this season and, at the age of 19, will hopefully continue to do so. Certainly one to watch for further down the line.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário