terça-feira, 8 de novembro de 2016

Miami FC’s Michael Lahoud Named NASL’s Humanitarian of the Year

Resultado de imagem para flag usa

by JAKE NUTTING
Miami FC’s Michael Lahoud has been named the NASL’s Humanitarian for his work aiding children in his native Sierra Leone and community engagement down in South Florida.
Lahoud, who fled Sierra Leone at the age of six to avoid civil war, teamed up late last year with MLS forward Kei Kamara to launch a school in Freetown as a part of Schools for Salone, an organization with the goal of rebuilding the education system in the country.
One year later, Lahoud and Kamara’s school is now providing free education to over 50 students.
“This school is a part of me,” Lahoud said. “It is a part of my story and will always be a part of my story. Building it has been a dream come true. I hope to continue changing the lives many through the sport that I love.”
The midfielder kicked off the year on loan to the New York Cosmos from MLS’ Philadelphia Union, but he was acquired by the ambitious Miami in a transfer before the ten-game Spring Season had concluded. It didn’t take long for Lahoud to be embraced by his new supporters and community. His outgoing personality quickly made him a frequent and favorite for many public appearances for the club throughout the Fall Season.
“I think the most rewarding thing for me is really seeing athletes, and as an athlete in particular, that we really can make a difference through our sports,” Lahoud added. “I believe soccer can make a difference.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário