domingo, 12 de abril de 2020

Kjaer: 'I work to stay at Milan'


Denmark international Simon Kjaer wants to stay at Milan, reveals coach Stefano Pioli ‘gave me confidence immediately’ and praises Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s impact at San Siro.
The former Atalanta centre-back came to the Diavolo in January, on loan with an option to buy from Sevilla, and he quickly established himself in Milan’s starting line-up under Pioli.
Now the Dane admits that his ‘dream’ is to continue with the Rossoneri and knows he will have to ‘put the maximum pressure’ on the hierarchy to have no other option than to extend his stay in the fashion capital.
“My dream is to stay at Milan and when the time comes, we will talk about it with the club,” he told Corriere dello Sport. “I have to put the maximum pressure on my club to convince them to make the option to buy a reality.
“I’m still working to stay at Milan, even if we don’t play. I try to improve, not only physically but mentally.”
After an unsuccessful stint on loan in Bergamo, the 31-year-old has flourished under Pioli and claims ‘the problem was tactical’ at Atalanta.
“I have nothing to prove myself, I have always been very attentive and professional. [La Dea coach Gian Piero] Gasperini was clear with me, the problem was tactical.
“Pioli gave me confidence immediately; he spoke to me a lot. He asked me how it was better to employ me and with a coach like that, it has been easy.”
Kjaer also points out how the 38-year-old superstar, Ibrahimovic, has made ‘the difference’ only through his ‘presence’ at Milanello.
“Zlatan gives us a lot, he is a great champion who has won almost everything,” he added. “His presence, even off the pitch, is enough to make the difference.”
Milan currently sit seventh in Serie A in the suspended campaign and are only three points behind Napoli at sixth and in with a chance of qualifying for Europe next season.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário