quinta-feira, 19 de abril de 2018

Thiago Silva announces Paris Saint-Germain departure plans



Thiago Silva has announced his plans to leave Paris Saint-Germain when his contract expires in two-years time.
The defender has admitted that the constant criticism which he receives from the French press has left him tired of remaining captain at Parc des Princes
Silva came under fire from the press following PSG’s elimination from the Champions League with his leadership skills being seriously questioned.

“Impossible not to hear some of the criticism”

The 33-year-old has been in the French capital since his move from AC Milan back in the summer of 2012 for a reported fee of €42m.
Silva has gone on to make 239 appearances for the club, winning five league titles and five Coupe de France during that time.
However, with the French club struggling to compete in Europe, Silva, as captain, has been criticised for poor leadership.
This has left the Brazilian keen to leave the club when his contract expires in two-years time.
Silva said:
“It is impossible not to hear some of the criticism.
“However, no newspaper, nor journalist, is going to tell me who I am. I know who I am. Because of this, I continue as I always have done.
“I respect all opinions, but when you are attacked personally, it starts to get hard.
“I am especially sad when it impacts my family and my loved ones. However, when you wear the PSG shirt, you always have a responsibility.
“I must continue to work hard to help my teammates. Competition always exists in football.
“All things said, I am 33. I have two years left on my contract and after that, I will hand over to somebody else.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário